.

    


June 13, 2015

ROOT PATISSERIE CAFE @ KOTA LAKSAMANA

June 13, 2015

Recently there are more and more Cafe a.k.a Coffee Shop opened in Malacca. People like to spend their free time and enjoying in the cafe for example tea time, gathering and so on. Some of them may look for the best taste of coffee in the town! 


I have explored a new cafe, Root, which is located at Kota Laksamana, right below That's Coffee. Me and my cousin who was just came back form travel had visited this cafe yesterday. The Root cafe is not an ordinary cafe that only sell coffee, it is also considered as a bakery shop. The bread is fresh enough because it is instantly baked and there are lots of choice for you to choose. The moment you step into the shop, you will be attracted to the fresh and pleasant smell of the hotly and instantly baked breads.


Staffs are very nice, when we walk into the shop, a guy opened the door for us with smiling face. Then we walk to the counter, I admit those food caught my attention, I was so excited when saw the food displayed in cabinet. Moreover, they also have selling Matcha and original tasted chocolate and macarons. I wanted to buy it but it really quite costly for me. Cakes are stored in the refrigerated display case while breads are put in bakery display cases.


The menu are listing on the board, but not all the desserts are displayed. From the menu board, there is several types of desserts which are not showed on the counter such as tiramisu, brownie, fruits yogurts and others. So, when you're ordering the dessert, kindly read the menu board too otherwise you might miss your favourite dessert. We ordered Red Velvet and Chocolate ShortBread, when I was choosing the food, I considered to pick the Carrot cupcake because of its "appearance", however chocolate shortbread became my only choice.  

Chocolate ShortBread           RM 11

Upper layer is chocolate, it's too sweet for me
And the bottom layer is crusty bread  

Red Velvet        RM 10

I like the upper layer, cheesy and creamy tasted

The weather is getting hotter lately, so they also have making ice blended coffee for customers.

Price is quite higher than other cafe, but I don't mind to visit here again. I like the environment, even though the design the style is ordinary.


Coffee/ Tea price range     RM 7 to RM 12
Breads/ Tarts/ Cakes price range     RM 3 to RM 20

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your review! Trying to decide on either this cafe or another popular one with my friends when we travel to Melaka next weekend. I don't like too sweet either!

    ReplyDelete

I C A Y II © 2014