.

    


June 06, 2015

D BASE CAFE/ SALOON/ NAIL/ MAKEUP @ Gajah Berang, Melaka

June 06, 2015
Chocolate Waffle RM18; Hot Mocha and Hot Latte RM9 for each

Finally finished my final exam and now is my turn to relax. Recently, I saw a lot of friends have been posting photos of Banana Toast on Facebook. Yeah...it "seduced" me successfully *feeling regret  After finished my paper, my friend and I went to cafe for their signature dessert - toasts. Previously, De Reve cafe was located at the beside of the saloon and it only can fit few tables and chairs for guests. 
Eventually, they've moved the cafe to the next door and renamed D BASE CAFE Saloon, Nail, Makeup - same row with De Reve saloon - Downstairs is the saloon and makeup shop and the cafe is on second floor. If you would like to go to the saloon or have a prefect nail art, they will open the outlet until 12 midnight as well as the business hour of cafe.
The aroma of coffee freshly brewed permeates the cafe, I even can smell it from the entry. The coffee smell was strong but their coffee was moderate, I mean I'm not satisfied with it. Especially Mocha, it should be chocolate and espresso tasted but the taste more like Latte. But I still wanted to recommend you guys grab Matcha Latte, the taste was rich and aromatic. The price was reasonable, generally, hot coffee was RM 9 and cold coffee was RM 11. 

They have expended the space, not like last time the seating was limited. However, I think the seating arrangement can be better because they couldn't find a seat especially for a gang of people. There was indoor and outdoor dine-in but I found that outdoor was so spacious, they still can put more tables and chairs at the empty space. Everything in the cafe was pretty good but the bad news was they don't have Wi-Fi Hmm...quite awful for modern people because Wi-Fi is a MUST in current life style.
My friend ordered Chocolate Waffle and I ordered Banana Toast (Both desserts staff recommended)   

I've been heard that many customers come here and full house everyday. I tried to call them for reservation but they replied temporary no accept any booking and suggested me come here before 9pm. So we reached there about 8.30pm,  after 10pm, more and more customers came in and even some of them have to wait for the seat. Staffs are very friendly, don't be hesitate to ask for recommendation, they certainly suggest you the hot seller one. Not only the desserts, they also have selling pizza and others. You have to take order at the counter first before you take your seat, the menu was listing on the board. I had no idea what to eat so I asked for recommendation, the staff recommended me the best selling toast and waffle which was Chocolate Waffle and Banana Toast.
Luckily I wasn't really took too much at dinner time, never thought the portion can be so huge! Both of us even couldn't finish itAfter the dinner we directly went here, that staff didn't told us about the food serving, we thought the servings like common size, small but won't fill up our stomach. We were eating the desserts while chatting and seeing the ice cream melted. Seems like wasting the ice cream but we really too full to eat the dessert, just slowly swallowed and finished half of it.   
Saw a lot of hangers and racks on wall over the left corner, I assumed that they are going to develop boutique there. It sounds awesome, the idea is similar to Chapter 2 Cafe(click related link) yet I don't think it suitable to sell clothes there, it might take a lot of space. This is why I prefer KL/Petaling Jaya cafes more than Melaka ones, every cafe has own theme and served the special one to attract customers. Besides that, they will make it different with other competitors, they won't make confusion as design a combination of cafe with boutique. 

Banana Toast RM20, of course it nicer than chocolate waffle because the topping was more than waffle LOL... They cut out the middle part of toast, make as hole and put the 2 or 3 small pieces of banana and bread on the middle top. Added on chocolate ice cream at side and a small jar of syrup, you may add the syrup on top, the taste was slightly bitter-sweet. But the ice cream was too sweet, normally I would cut a small piece of toast and banana, dip with ice cream, the taste was amazing! By the way, I like the taste of bread, it has some butter-flavoured, taste really delectable!
Added on syrup 
Outdoor dine-in
Then, the following day, I brought my boyfriend and his friends came here. Too bad we were late, toasts were out of stock and we only can order waffles. Salted caramel RM18, it might look normal but the taste was special. I've never had the taste before, the ice cream was salted taste, totally not sweet at all. 

In conclude, you might think the price is terribly high but what I think it is worth to spend small amount to eat these tasty desserts. Once awhile is fine, you will regret not to try because you can't imagine how nice it is! *Kindly reminded, if you want to eat toast, please come earlier to grab it =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I C A Y II © 2014